On New Years Eve I like to think back on the past year and what I have done. Yes, some of its good, some not so good, but its that continuous motion forward that keeps things exciting for me.
Here are some of the things that happened to me this year:
* learned some new systems and processes at work (I’m a little nerdy that way) (good)
* I slipped and fell in a parking lot and had a walking boot for a few weeks (not good)
* I started a blog (good for me, maybe not so good for you, if you’re reading it) * Went on family trip to Florida and then Mexico this year (good) * Travelled with my Mom to Scotland this year — it was a fantastic trip (good)
* Chaired our work fundraising campaign–my colleagues are very generous folks (good) * Went bike riding with hubby and son (good)
* Spent too much time on the bike seat and bruised my tailbone (not good — yes, I’m a big baby! Karen is buying a big banana seat for her bike in 2013) * Read tons of JD Robb novels – Lieutenant Eve Dallas kicks butt! (good) * I’m learning how to play guitar
* and, my family was healthy this year!
All in all it was a very good year!
Do I have any resolutions? There are always a few…
+ give more at church
+ travel as much as possible
+ exercise more
+ spend more time with family
+ bake more (I love to bake!)
+ eat less of my baking (I know, its a catch 22)
+ be more tolerant
+ be more patience
+ finish my tattoo of the poppies on my calf
+ take a few more courses for work and continuous learning
I think New Years is a time for renewal or change; a time to shake things up a bit.
My New Years wish for you is to have a year of happiness – whatever makes you happy!
Best wishes everybody! Have a good one!